We were shocked to see Mastercard’s latest research which found that the vast majority of US adults are stressed out by the time and effort required to plan a family trip! At Bound Round, we’re a big fan of family holidays and always have our next trip half planned and ready to go.
Here are the major findings from the survey:
- 89 per cent of US adults are stressed out by the time and effort required to plan a family trip.
- 50 per cent said choosing a destination was a major cause of angst
- 49 per cent thought developing an itinerary of fun and unique experiences was almost as big an issue
- 50 per cent of respondents said the wish they could redo a past family holiday
- 44 per cent of people said finding family friendly accommodation was hassle.
- The perceived hassle is notably greater among people who do not have vacation plans. For instance, those without a trip in the books are more likely to wish planning a family vacation was simpler (72 per cent versus 66 per cent of those with vacation plans).
- Women (74 per cent) are more likely than men (67 per cent) to find family vacation planning stressful.
This is such a valuable insight for those of us in the family travel market. Holidaymakers are obviously calling out for tools and content that make planning easier and deliver activities that they know their whole family, including kids, will love.
When you work in an industry that’s dedicated to and passionate about delivering fantastic experiences for people, it’s terrible to think that your visitors are struggling to find you and can’t be confident that you are what they want.
We need to get the fun back into family holidays!!
[Of course, we think that Bound Round is a great way to solve these problems. If you do too, let’s chat!]