We were shocked to see Mastercard’s latest research which found that the vast majority of US adults are stressed out by the time and effort required to plan a family trip! At Bound Round, we’re a big fan of family holidays and always have our next trip half planned and ready to go.
Here are the major findings from the survey:
- 89 per cent of US adults are stressed out by the time and effort required to plan a family trip.
- 50 per cent said choosing a destination was a major cause of angst
- 49 per cent thought developing an itinerary of fun and unique experiences was almost as big an issue
- 50 per cent of respondents said the wish they could redo a past family holiday
- 44 per cent of people said finding family friendly accommodation was hassle.
- The perceived hassle is notably greater among people who do not have vacation plans. For instance, those without a trip in the books are more likely to wish planning a family vacation was simpler (72 per cent versus 66 per cent of those with vacation plans).
- Women (74 per cent) are more likely than men (67 per cent) to find family vacation planning stressful.
This is such a valuable insight for those of us in the family travel market. Holidaymakers are obviously calling out for tools and content that make planning easier and deliver activities that they know their whole family, including kids, will love.
When you work in an industry that’s dedicated to and passionate about delivering fantastic experiences for people, it’s terrible to think that your visitors are struggling to find you and can’t be confident that you are what they want.
We need to get the fun back into family holidays!!
[Of course, we think that Bound Round is a great way to solve these problems. If you do too, let’s chat!]
One of Bound Round’s mantras is that by embedding our videos on your website, you will improve your SEO results.
Here is a great article by Shawn Formo that explains this really well – Four Key Video SEO metrics.
Basically, Google’s search algorithm ranks the use of video extremely highly. So a website that holds a lot of video content will perform better in a Google search than a website that just relies on text and photos. That means your website is more likely to appear higher on the results page if it hosts videos on it.
Secondly, people will click on videos. So if your website comes back from their search and it has video, they are more likely to click on it than on a website without video. Video also grabs and holds their attention – they’re more likely to have a look around at the rest of your great content once they’ve watched your video.
Finally, videos generate links because if people like your video they will link to it from social media or their own websites. And links are used by the Google to help rank your site. It’s a bit of a vicious cycle.
So there you are, not-too-technical reasons why video is great for SEO. And if it’s great for SEO, then it’s a great tool for bringing your business to the attention of more potential holiday-makers.
Here’s the link to the full article again, where each of these ideas is explained in more detail.
Great news, the Bound Round web app is now live! This means all our content is now available to anyone with an internet connection, regardless of what device they are using. Here are all the details.
Mobile, desktop, iPad, Android – they’re all able to find and use the Bound Round app.
Not only will this make Bound Round available to more travelling kids, it will also give us more data about how our users are interacting with our content. So if you’re one of our amazing partners, we’ll be able to give you more details about what appeals to kids about your attraction.
And, just in case you need some stats on why it’s so important to be available anywhere, anytime these days – here’s a survey that highlights how fast the use mobile devices is becoming in the travel industry:
- mobile now accounts for 43 per cent of all internet browsing
- bookings on smartphones are up 198 per cent from last year (2013)
- bookings follow traffic on mobile websites: online revenue is nearly 20 per cent of all bookings.